What is Unimox used for? :Unimox is a preparation of amoxycillin. Amoxicillin is used in the treatment of infections due to susceptible (ONLY β-lactamase-negative) strains of the designated microorganisms in the conditions listed below:
1. Infections of the ear, nose, and throat - due to Streptococcus spp. (α- and β-hemolytic strains only), S. pneumoniae, Staphylococcus spp., or H. influenzae.
2. Infections of the genitourinary tract - due to E. coli, P. mirabilis, or E. faecalis.
3. Infections of the skin and skin structure - due to Streptococcus spp. (α- and β-hemolytic strains only), Staphylococcus spp., or E. coli
4. Infections of the lower respiratory tract - due to Streptococcus spp. (α- and β-hemolytic strains only), S. pneumoniae, Staphylococcus spp., or H. influenzae.
5. Gonorrhea, acute uncomplicated (ano-genital and urethral infections) - due to N. gonorrhoeae (males and females).
6. H. pylori eradication to reduce the risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence.
Available as:Unimox250 mg Cap. : Contains amoxycillin 250 mg/capsule.
Unimox 500 mg Cap. : Contains amoxycillin 500 mg/capsule.
Unimox 125 mg/5 ml Susp. : Contains amoxycillin 125 mg/5 ml.
Unimox 100 mg/ml Drop : Contains amoxycillin 100 mg/ml.
Unimox 500 mg/vial Inj. : Contains amoxycillin 500 mg/vial.
WHO Therapeutic Classification:ANTIBACTERIALS FOR SYSTEMIC USE [View all drugs of this class]
Related Brand Names: